Frequently Asked Questions
- Will CleaRx work for me?
- CleaRx is a maximum strength regimen, developed specifically to treat moderate to severe inflammatory and non-inflammatory teen and adult acne. Including, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads and hormonal breakouts. Cystic and nodular acne should only be treated by a Dermatologist. Acne is not curable, but it is treatable, controllable and preventable with the CleaRx treatment. However, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with your results from using CleaRx, you may return your products for a refund within 90 days.
- What makes CleaRx different from other acne treatments?
- CleaRx is unique in that it is the first full spectrum, maximum strength over-the-counter acne treatment specifically developed to treat moderate to severe cases of acne in adults and teens; whereas most acne treatments on the market are only capable of treating mild to moderate acne in adults or teens.
- Is CleaRx safe for my skin?
- Yes! CleaRx is designed to work safely and effectively on all skin types. Our products are manufactured in our FDA regulated facility right here in the United States. Each batch we produce goes though strict quality testing to meet or exceed FDA standards.
- How many times per day should I use CleaRx?
- This depends on the sensitivity of your skin and the severity of your acne. For new users, we recommend starting out with just 1 application per day (in the morning), for the first 1-3 weeks, lightly applying Step 3 only to problem areas. This will allow your skin to develop a tolerance for the medication. Once you feel more comfortable, we recommend applying CleaRx two times per day - once in the morning and once at night.
- Do I need to use all of the steps for CleaRx to work?
- Yes, it is important to use all of the CleaRx products as directed to get the best results from the treatment.
- Does CleaRx have any side effects?
Side effects are usually mild and may include dryness, redness or irritation for some users. To test for an adverse reaction to your CleaRx treatment, simply apply the products to a small patch of skin for the first three days. A small group of people may be hyper-sensitive or allergic to active ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide. If you are one of these people, you should not use this treatment without first discussing it with your healthcare provider. For a full list of product ingredients, please refer to the product packaging or the ingredients page on our website.
- How long does it take to start seeing results?
- Consistency is key when it comes to clearing your acne-prone skin. For best results, use CleaRx as directed. Although many users begin to see results in less than 2 weeks of consistent use, weeks 4 through 8 is where the magic REALLY happens!
- My skin is looking clear. Do I need to keep using CleaRx?
Acne is not curable, but it is treatable, preventable and controllable. If CleaRx is working, keep it up! There is no limit to the length of time you can use CleaRx. If you discontinue using the treatment, your blemishes are likely to come back, because the key causes of acne are hormonal and genetic. Teen acne lasts, on average, 5 to 7 years; adult acne can last 20-plus years.
- Can CleaRx be used on my body?
- We do not recommend using CleaRx on your body. We are developing new products to treat body acne, but currently the CleaRx treatment is designed only to treat acne on your face.
- Is CleaRx suitable for all ethnicities and skin types?
Yes! The CleaRx treatment is designed for acne-prone skin. No matter your ethnicity or skin type – dry, oily, combination, normal or sensitive - the CleaRx system is designed to work for you.
- Can I use other skincare products while using CleaRx?
- Yes, you can use other skincare products with most CleaRx products. However, for best results and to avoid over-dryness, inflammation or other side effects, we recommend that you do not use any other acne treatments while using CleaRx. We also recommend only using products that are "non-comedogenic" meaning they are designed to not clog your pores.
- Can I wear makeup with CleaRx?
Yes, you can apply makeup over the treatment after it dries. However, for best results, we do not recommend wearing makeup, as it can clog your pores, making it harder for your skin to clear up.
Is there anything I can do in addition to using CleaRx to help clear my acne?
- Yes! For best results, while using the CleaRx treatment, we highly recommend: taking showers daily, avoiding junk food and sugar, washing sheets and bath towels regularly, sleeping on a clean pillow every night, avoid touching your face throughout the day or washing your face more than 3 times per day, and never, ever pop pimples!
- I have cystic acne, should I try CleaRx?
- No. Cystic/nodular acne is the most serious and severe form of acne - it can cause permanent disfigurement and scarring. This type of acne should only be diagnosed and treated by a dermatologist.
- Can I use CleaRx if I have eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea?
If you suffer from any skin conditions other than acne, we recommend consulting with your dermatologist before trying any acne treatments.
- Can I use CleaRx if I am pregnant or nursing?
- If you are pregnant or nursing, please ask your doctor before use.
- What is "Auto Delivery"?
- Auto Delivery is an easy and convenient feature we offer to ensure that you never run out of product. Every 60 days you will be billed for and shipped a new 60 day supply of treatment. Of course, you may cancel Auto Delivery at anytime by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
- Will my treatment last until the next delivery?
- The amount of product inside each of the bottles has been measured to last the full lifetime of the supply (e.x. 30, 60 or 90 days) when used as directed.
- How long will it take to receive my treatment after I order it?
- Orders received before 12pm PST Monday thru Friday are typically processed and shipped the same business day. If your order was received after this time, it will be shipped the following business day. Orders can be delivered as soon as the next business day with Expedited Shipping, or in up to 5-7 business days with Standard Shipping.
- How do I track my order?
- If you choose to set up an account, you will be able to view your shipments, subscriptions and order history in your account. However, even if you do not create an account, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking number once your order has been shipped.
- How do I cancel future shipments?
- To cancel future shipments, simply log into your account and click the "manage subscriptions" button, then click the "cancel subscription" button. Or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and order number.
- How do I return my products?
- If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with your results from using CleaRx, you may return your products for a refund within 90 days. Click here to view our Guarantee. To return your products, please email us at email@example.com with your full name and order number.